POSITION: AVP Revenue Management & Pricing REPORTING TO: VP Commercial DEPARTMENT: Commercial
To head the development and implementation of revenue planning, revenue management and forecasting systems, to enable revenue generation controls and to infuse best practices in inventory management. Provides the network with competitive pricing and distribution support, to generate revenues while maximizing yields.
- Monitor company and competitor Fares, Unpublished fares, seasonal trends and also to monitor filed fares in various CRS’s and on line portals.
- Perform comprehensive evaluations and analysis across other airlines and fare proposals to be submitted to company pricing for approval
- Maintain complete database of all market fares types and ensure transparent distribution to all involved departments.
- Using pricing/distribution databases and systems relevant to revenue management.
- The ability to provide innovative and creative solutions through working with internal and external partners with appropriate speed and response.
- Work with regional sales team and sales support to improve understanding & use of business data and metrics.
- Manage and administer the company pricing strategy, electronic and paper distribution of passenger fares and rules via all available distribution channels, including internet on a selective basis, and directly to the company’s corporate and trade customers.
- Understand and implement the complete tariff process and be aware of industry changes and distribution enhancements for the airline, travel agency, GDS, GNE channels.
- Maintain and develop a strong understanding and control of our fares, while filing public and private fares in ATPCO database for global distribution.
- Monitor and resolve all fares/tax related issues with CRS and global GDS systems.
- Conduct random fare audits by checking ticketed data with fare-circulars or as per IATA published fares, and in case of discrepancies, instruct Accounts to raise ADMs as required.
- Oversee the pricing of airline documents at correct applicable rates in accordance with governing multilateral and specific prorate agreements.
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and organization
- Persuasiveness and personal influence
- Proactive and Results orientated
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial Innovation
Required skills & qualifications
- University graduate
- Minimum 5 years required in the airline industry with qualification in tariff and ticketing disciplines
- 2-3 years data and business analysis & report production, ideally in commercial and sales environment.
- Good knowledge of the African market and the West Africa region
- Expert level proficiency in MS Office applications (word, outlook, express, excel, project, power point etc)
- Knowledge of the functionalities of the GDSs, CRS, CRM, Revenue Reporting, BIDT, MIDT, PROS etc would be an advantage
- Advanced level Fares and Ticketing courses from Airlines/IATA.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications with advanced MS Excel and Power Point skills.
- Good knowledge of the functionalities of Revenue Management Systems
- Previous experience working in Airline Yield Improvement or Pricing committees would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in revenue accounting, preferably in interline rejections/dispute would be an asset.