Position : Head-Internal Audit Department : MD’s Office Reporting To : Board Audit Committee / Group CEO (GCEO)/ Executive Vice President (EVP) Location : Lagos
To establish, direct and manage the activities of the Corporate Audit Department while bearing ultimate responsibility for providing assurance to the Board Audit Committee over the financial and operational integrity of internal controls within Company. This includes identifying opportunities to enhance shareholder value through providing recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of procedures within the business. The Corporate Audit Department is an independent and objective business consulting function that will help the Company achieve its objectives by adopting a robust systematic and objective approach towards risk management and the governance process.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the overall operations of the Internal Audit department on behalf of the Board Audit Committee and the Management.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management controls are functioning.
- Ensure efficient and effective performance as well as monitor adherence of internal controls companywide.
- Evaluate and mitigate for all recognized corporate risks and advise management.
- Ensure projects are prioritized based on risk and exposure and assist with project appraisals.
- Create an effective and strategic direction roadmap which covers the values, mission, and objectives of Internal Audit now and in the future.
- Ensure adequate corporate governance exists to provide transparency in business practices.
- Establish quality control programmes over Internal Audit activities, and ensure departmental processes, methodologies and work flows are effective companywide (including project planning, resource management, file review, reporting, and follow up).
- Embed minimum acceptable standards and control frameworks which meet Arik’s Internal Audit objectives.
- Ensure that Internal Audit staffs develop skills and knowledge which provide maximum value for the business, and which are relevant for career advancement.
- Conduct ad-hoc special projects as requested by the Board of Directors, Audit Committee or the CEO.
- Maintain the independence and objectivity required by internal audit functions.
- Work with Business owners to provide independent strategic support to add value and help them achieve their functional, departmental and corporate goals.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline
- MBA or other post-graduate degree is desirable
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA/CA/ACA) specialized in auditing, financial analysis, and business process
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience at a senior level in auditing and/or accounting functions within aviation or a Big 4 environment
- Corporate governance and SOX
- Modern internal audit best practice
- Risk-based audit techniques
- Control self-assessment methodology
- Computer assisted audit techniques
- Airline revenue process
- Fraud prevention, exposures and detection
- Aviation supply chain
- Computer literacy (all MS Office programmes)
- Audit Committee
- Internal Audit Team
- External Auditors
- Outsourcing Consultants